Monday, September 27, 2010

रिज्य (Translation: Kingdom)

Erik and I had a fabulous time in Udaipur-“India’s Venice”- this past week. Beautiful palaces studded the entire city: including the second largest palace in India, and two palaces floating in the middle of the lake. Our hotel (Rooms for 5 dollars a night? Yes please!) was lovely and even had a rooftop restaurant!
Tromping around the City Palace!

We took a boat tour to scope out the lake palaces, where I had a brief stint playing with an Indian rock band. And by rock band, I obviously mean two old men playing traditional Hindi instruments (one of the instruments being bowls filled with water that you hit with sticks. Rock on, grandpa.).

Me playing the water bowls! Jammin' out with my boyz!

Erik and I also scoped out the most eclectic museum I have ever been to: from hookahs to puppets to styrofoam models of architecture from across the world. The real gem there, though, was the world's largest turban! A little impractical, sure, but very cool.

After boosting the local economy by purchasing our fair share of poofy pants and scarves, we were off on our next adventure! Stay posted for part 2: The Ride Home

Hope all is well, and I'm excited to hear of your adventures where ever you are! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment